Regional Cuisine Overview: Belgium is known for its hearty and delicious cuisine. Traditional dishes include moules-frites (mussels and fries), stoofvlees (beef stew), and waterzooi (creamy chicken or fish stew). Belgian waffles, chocolate, and beer are also famous worldwide.
1. The Jane 🍽️🍷💰💰💰: Located in a former chapel, The Jane offers a unique dining experience with its elegant and contemporary interior. The menu showcases fine dining with a modern twist, and the extensive wine list complements the dishes perfectly.
2. De Bomma 🍽️🍷💰💰: This warm and cozy restaurant specializes in traditional Belgian cuisine. It serves generous portions of classics like stoofvlees and vol-au-vent, allowing visitors to experience the authentic flavors of the region.
3. Het Gebaar 🍽️🍷💰💰💰: Known for its exquisite desserts, Het Gebaar is a must-visit for those with a sweet tooth. From decadent chocolate creations to delicate pastries, this patisserie offers a delightful culinary experience.
4. ‘t Fornuis 🍽️🍷💰💰💰: With its elegant decor and Michelin-starred menu, ‘t Fornuis is a top choice for those seeking a sophisticated dining experience. The restaurant focuses on creating innovative dishes using high-quality ingredients.
5. Balls & Glory 🍽️🍷💰: Offering a unique twist on Belgium’s traditional meatballs, Balls & Glory serves a variety of creative and flavorful fillings. This casual eatery is perfect for a quick and satisfying meal.
6. Frites Atelier 🍽️💰: Frites Atelier is a popular spot for trying Belgium’s famous fries. The menu features a range of dipping sauces and toppings, allowing visitors to customize their fries to their liking.
7. ‘t Zilte 🍽️🍷💰💰💰: Located on the top floor of the MAS museum, ‘t Zilte offers stunning views of the city along with its fine dining experience. The restaurant focuses on seasonal ingredients and innovative flavor combinations.
8. De Peerdestal 🍽️🍷💰💰: Situated in a historic building, De Peerdestal combines traditional Belgian cuisine with a cozy and welcoming atmosphere. The menu features dishes such as Flemish beef stew and grilled seafood.
9. Brasserie Appelmans 🍽️🍷💰💰: Known for its vibrant and lively ambiance, Brasserie Appelmans offers a diverse menu with both Belgian and international dishes. The lively bar and outdoor terrace make it a popular spot for socializing.
10. Bia Mara 🍽️💰: Bia Mara is a trendy seafood restaurant that specializes in serving sustainable and ethically sourced fish and chips. The menu includes unique flavor combinations, making it a favorite among seafood lovers.
1. Frituur Number One 🍽️💰: This no-frills snack bar is perfect for those on a tight budget. It serves delicious fries and a variety of affordable snacks.
2. Ellis Gourmet Burger 🍽️💰💰: Offering gourmet burgers at affordable prices, Ellis Gourmet Burger is a go-to spot for burger enthusiasts. The menu features creative and flavorful burger options.
Vegetarian and Vegan Establishments:
1. Greenway 🍽️💰: Greenway offers a diverse menu of vegetarian and vegan dishes, including wraps, burgers, and salads. The restaurant focuses on sustainability and uses high-quality ingredients.
2. Le Botaniste 🍽️💰: Le Botaniste serves plant-based meals inspired by global flavors. The menu includes nourishing bowls, salads, and natural wines.
Cafes with National Desserts:
1. Désiré de Lille 🍽️🍰💰: Known for its traditional Belgian pastries, Désiré de Lille is a delightful cafe to satisfy your sweet cravings. The menu includes classics like speculoos and Belgian chocolate treats.
2. Maison Dandoy 🍽️🍰💰: Maison Dandoy is famous for its handmade Belgian biscuits, particularly the speculoos. The cafe offers a cozy atmosphere to enjoy these delicious treats with a cup of coffee.
Bars and Pubs:
1. Delirium Cafe 🍽️🍺💰: Delirium Cafe boasts an impressive selection of over 2,000 beers, making it a paradise for beer lovers. The lively atmosphere and friendly staff add to the experience.
2. ‘t Antwaerps Bierhuiske 🍽️🍺💰: This traditional Belgian pub offers a wide range of local beers in a cozy setting. The knowledgeable staff can help you choose the perfect beer to suit your taste.
Live Music Venues:
1. Cafe Hopper 🍽️🎵💰: Cafe Hopper is a popular spot for live jazz performances. The intimate setting and talented musicians create a vibrant atmosphere perfect for music lovers.
2. De Roma 🍽️🎵💰: De Roma is a historic theater that regularly hosts live music events. The venue’s grandeur and excellent acoustics make it a favorite among both performers and audiences.
1. Balls & Glory 🍽️🍷💰: With its unique concept of gourmet meatballs, Balls & Glory offers a fun and playful dining experience. The colorful decor adds to the lively atmosphere.
2. The Avocado Show 🍽️🍷💰: The Avocado Show is a themed restaurant dedicated to the beloved avocado. The menu features creative dishes such as avocado burgers and avocado ice cream.
1. Antwerp Market 🍽️🍎: The Antwerp Market is a bustling open-air market where you can find fresh produce, artisanal products, and street food. It’s a great place to immerse yourself in the local culture.
1. Mmmmh! 🍽️👩🍳: Mmmmh! offers a variety of cooking classes where tourists can learn to cook traditional Belgian dishes. The experienced chefs guide participants through the cooking process, making it a fun and educational experience.
Seasonal Food Festivals:
1. Antwerpen Proeft 🍽️🎉: Antwerpen Proeft is an annual food festival that showcases the best of Belgian cuisine. Visitors can enjoy a variety of dishes from different restaurants and sample local delicacies.
Ethical and Eco-friendly Establishments:
1. De Broers van Julienne 🍽️🌱💰: De Broers van Julienne is a sustainable restaurant that focuses on organic and locally sourced ingredients. The menu changes frequently to reflect the availability of seasonal produce.
Cafes with a View:
1. Cafe Impérial 🍽️☕🌇: Located in a former ballroom, Cafe Impérial offers stunning views of Antwerp’s central square. Visitors can enjoy a cup of coffee or a meal while taking in the beautiful surroundings.
1. De Bomma 🍽️👨👩👧👦💰💰: De Bomma is a family-friendly restaurant that welcomes children and offers a kids’ menu. The cozy atmosphere and traditional dishes make it a great choice for a family meal.
– It is recommended to make reservations in advance, especially for popular restaurants.
– Some restaurants may only accept cash, so it’s advisable to carry some cash with you.
– Lunchtime is a popular time for locals to dine out, so consider visiting restaurants during off-peak hours to avoid crowds.
– Don’t forget to try Belgium’s famous beers and chocolates during your visit.